Search This Blog

12 April 2006

Spy Wednesday

You learn something new every day.

Today in Ireland, Mexico, and some other Catholic countries is Spy Wednesday: the day that Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus to High Priests.

A Google search revealed and reminded me that there is no "feast of St. Judas". In fact, there is no St. Judas -- though he has a Gospel, which I am curious to read as I guess the Gnostic beliefs are pretty basic questions that I've had since I was little -- if God knows everything, and we are all a part of God's plan, and Jesus was sent here to die ... wouldn't Judas have been a true betrayer if he hadn't sold-out Jesus? I was little, in the 2nd Grade, when I had this epiphany and rather than questions Sr. Barbara's Felician authority http://www.feliciansisters.org/, I just accepted what she had to say.

No comments: