Search This Blog

17 July 2006

CONGRATULATIONS LISA!!!!

Lisa is a friend of mine from high school, who I don't see very often at all, but who I think of quite often, as she was one of the sweetest and most fantastic people I was friends with in high school:

[excerpted from her blog - www.romanticcircussongs.blogspot.com - which is linked with my other friends' blogs]:

We Nod Our Dark Heads - published 2008!!
My last day at the hospital, I received an email from Parallel Press saying they are going to publish my poetry chapbook, We Nod Our Dark Heads: Poems From the Alzheimer's Home in 2008. I'm over-the-moon with excitement as this will be my first book published. I've had numerous single poems published in national and international journals, but never a book. And for those who don't know what a chapbook is, a full manuscript is between 50-100 pages; a chapbook is between 20-30, usually. I'm in love with this manuscript and I'm so happy someone picked it up.

No comments: