Search This Blog

02 August 2012

Silence?

So the - seemingly endless - job hunt continues. Today remains one of those days where I wish my self-worth wasn't so intimately tied to my net-worth. Meaning: I wish not having a job in my field didn't upset me so much. But, it does. The malaise of unemployment and the deadening of the brain and spirit continues, causing me to consider my "net presence."

What do employers see about me when they Google my name? What do they think of this blog? My Facebook account? Does the fact that my Facebook pic, which features me in a sombrero and shaking maracas, comes from a party warrant a strike against me? Does this blog, and its seemingly silly posts and random thoughts, hurt my chances of having a job?

Should it matter?

What I have on my Facebook and on here isn't inherently offensive, or, at least, I don't think so. But could my lack of interviews stem from my healthy helpings of opinions and observations on Twitter, Blogger, Facebook, and the rest? I don't know, but I do know that my phone isn't ringing. So now I contemplate life, career, and how the world views me. I debate taking my poorly attended-to blog down, and I don't know if I like that option. I don't know if I want to.

Freedom of expression is not without consequence - that's something everyone's been saying for the past couple of days about Chick-Fil-A. The same applies for me and my social media, but when there is no feedback and my echoing thoughts are all I hear, is taking down my blog necessary?

I dunno. The frustration of dependency is frustrating everything I do these days. Blech.  

No comments: