Search This Blog

10 March 2006

I hate Confrontation

My boss took the bait and initiated a conversation about my "happiness" here at work.

As any of my friends may attest: when I ain't happy, it shows! Hence the grammar school nickname of "Pouty Pants".

So, today we get summaries of your used / accrued vacation/sick time. I take this opportunity to meet with my boss, knowing full well that she will want to discuss my behavior with me.

So, we do.

My behavior has been "less cheerful", though my work hasn't suffered. I seem hurt. My response: I'm paid $15,000 less than a temp - of course I'm hurt. Though, if I leave, its not my problem.

So, I have a meeting with the director of secretaries in New York next week. We'll see how this goes. For now, I'm still job hunting and love CareerBuilder.com.

One good thing: the attorney I sit for, this is how she greeted me this morning after I returned from 2 days of being home sick: "Thank God you're back, this place really does fall apart when you're not here." It's nice to know I'm valued ...

and that I have leverage.

No comments: