Discipline has not been my greatest strength this week. While the opportunities that have come through for me are great, I haven't been attentive about the gym, this blog or other things.
I think it's a bit of a panic: sending out applications, then to have them actually lead to something. The smack of "oh, I need to prepare" and the tang of "I may not get this" put fear in me. So I pump the breaks a bit - more strolls in the park, more yard work, more other things.
Mediocrity. I can't allow myself to become mediocre. More work, more reading, more DOING. That's what I need to keep doing. I need to man-up and not let fear of rejection push me from doing work, become a subconscious excuse to play video games or read (though, reading is a good thing for me -- I need to keep that up, and have been good about it this week).
If I want an exceptional job, then I need to be exceptional. Logic that doesn't always pan out -- but it doesn't hurt.
I think it's a bit of a panic: sending out applications, then to have them actually lead to something. The smack of "oh, I need to prepare" and the tang of "I may not get this" put fear in me. So I pump the breaks a bit - more strolls in the park, more yard work, more other things.
Mediocrity. I can't allow myself to become mediocre. More work, more reading, more DOING. That's what I need to keep doing. I need to man-up and not let fear of rejection push me from doing work, become a subconscious excuse to play video games or read (though, reading is a good thing for me -- I need to keep that up, and have been good about it this week).
If I want an exceptional job, then I need to be exceptional. Logic that doesn't always pan out -- but it doesn't hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment