Search This Blog

07 September 2010

First Day of School

6:53am - Woke-up, made coffee, read news, did some school reading ...
after I looked through this blog.

In 2006, I did one of those "meme" things that were so popular and posted it here. In it, one of the questions was:
Where do you want to be in five years?
My answer:
New York.
Interesting. That's been the topic of conversation a lot lately, and has been weighing on my mind. I love New York, I could work in New York ... but I don't know.

I have a feeling that my return to New York will be precipitated by events, not a decision. I decided to move to New York when it seemed like the right thing to do - in 2005, the stars aligned and it made sense for me to go (I had an apartment and job lined up there, nothing in Chicago - where I was languishing). It was one of the best decisions I made in my life, because it was a natural choice.

Unnatural choices, forced decisions ... I dunno' about those. We'll see what those first days of June bring -- hopefully, when I graduate, my future will continue to be a natural progression.

No comments: