Search This Blog

02 September 2010

Submissive

The weather in Cambridge is unhospitable. Humid, not too hot, uncomfortable. If it was dry, maybe things wouldn't be so bad; but, its not drier. And my apartment does not have air-conditioning (except for one room, which is the only room we are allowed to have a window unit, which we have to rent from our landlady. grrrrrrrr...).

Not having a choice. Don't like that option, but it is the one I have and will be facing again on a regular basis: today classes began. One three hour class. Not too bad, but it will be an adjustment. The professor is more than capable, but prone to embillishments of a historical nature to add drama in his lectures. But it's not a history class, it is a theory course.

The adjustments are small, but I'm making them. Slowly. Getting my life in Cambridge back into order. Like my room, which is the epitome of disorder, but, over the next couple of days, will be regimented into an abode worthy of my fastidious fabuloscity.

My room. It will soon be one of the only things I have direct control over.

No comments: